Thursday 20 October 2016

U S election 2016


Trump will accept result 'if I win'ca

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has said he will accept the results of the US election "if I win".

Donald Trump says he will "totally accept" the results of the US presidential election "if I win" - but also says he won't challenge a "clear" result.
He added that he would accept a "clear" result - but reserved the right to challenge a "questionable" result.
He appeared at a rally in Delaware, Ohio, speaking for the first time since the third televised debate with Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton.
Mr Trump has been heavily criticised for suggesting that he might not accept the election result.
Polls suggest Mrs Clinton is ahead nationally and in key battleground states.
Speaking in Ohio, Mr Trump said, grinning: "I would like to promise and pledge to all of my voters and supporters and to all of the people of the United States, that I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election - if I win."
He also said: "I will accept a clear election result, but I will also reserve my right to contest and file a legal challenge in the case of a questionable result."
During Wednesday night's debate, when moderator Chris Wallace asked Mr Trump if he would accept losing to Mrs Clinton, the Republican nominee said he would "keep you in suspense". Read more..

No comments:

Post a Comment